PURO ESPRESSO MACHINE CLEANING POWDER - 1 GAL.
Puro Espresso Machine cleaner removes the residual build-up of coffee solids and oils from screens, valves, and tubes of brewing groups. This is important to quality coffee because a dirty machine will create dirty-tasting coffee. Espresso machines should be cleaned daily for this reason and to also extend the life of your machine.
Puro Powder Features
- Eliminates coffee residue and oils from espresso machine group heads, valves, and lines.
- Keeps screens and filters clear for even extraction.
- Can also be used to make a soaking solution to clean portafilters, baskets, screens, and other parts.
- Formulated for optimal balance of solubility and foaming.
- Backwash cleaner.
Espresso Machine Backflush Instructions
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza Powder.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter and activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head.
- Re-insert portafilter without cleaning powder. Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Replace blind filter with standard basket. Make a cup of espresso to remove any traces of cleaner.
- Discard espresso - do not drink.
- Always re-season your machine and portafilters by making and discarding one espresso on each group.
Coffee Brewer Instructions
- Empty coffee from equipment. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (3g) of Puro powder per 64 oz. (2L) of brewer capacity directly into the brew basket.
- Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and hold for 30 minutes.
- Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean hot water.
PRO TIP: Wet cloth with Puro Powder solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean. Caution: The solution may be very hot.